Business Intelligence and predictive analytics empower resource analysts of the present age to feed their hiring requirements with role-appropriate talent. Various tools in intelligent testing can be used to assess fitment and alignment to organizational mission.
The brand positioning of any business is a direct function of the quality of its talent. Only a workforce that perfectly fits its requirement, can deliver to the market, products and services meeting customer requirements and also exceeding their expectations. In this context, HR managers of today resort to intuitive tools in business analytics to ascertain the fitment probabilities of resources to business roles that influence organizational performance.
Intelligent hiring practices
Hiring is the most crucial area in Human Resources that will have a huge impact on organizational performance. Business Intelligence tools hand hold managers to get the most suitable fit for pivotal roles in the business like Marketing Manager, Production Manager, Business Development Personnel and Customer Relationship Managers, to mention a few. Predictive analytics help business managers to:
- Wade through hordes of past data on candidates interviewed and apply analytical tools to assess their suitability.
- Strategic consideration of prospective applicants for their performance in different job environments. A poor fitment for one job may be the best fit for another.
- Data-driven analysis for ascertaining the appropriateness of professional experience and exposure of new recruits and what kind of value-addition can they bring to the table, in multiple roles.
Enriching top management jobs profiles
HR managers run the risk of missing out on hard-to-find talent, due to erroneous profiling of jobs and setting expectations too high or too low. Intelligent testing, based on past results help them redefine role descriptions. A role description is the key deciding factor of the quality of resources recruited for any business role.
- Predictive analytical tools help managers to understand the demands of current openings and bring in productive changes to scope of talent required.
- It necessitates them to revisit historic role descriptions and ensure that meaningful revisions are made in concurrence with technological growth, industry and job market trends.
- An enriched job profile is an exercise in career planning. BI aids managers not only in ascertaining the relevance of talent, but empowers them to charter the future growth of the workforce along with the organization, over a period of time.
Using specialist knowledge to assess capacity to deliver
The problem with senior management profiles is that deliverables start becoming more qualitative. For long, business managers have been loggerheads, in ascertaining the what to look for and how to look for, when deciding on assessment priorities. BI technologies aid HR decision makers to assess the potential to deliver by:
- Advanced psychometric analysis that consider the possible reaction of people to future challenges.
- Body language analysis to study alignment of physical and mental energies in optimizing employee performance at various senior management positions.
- Competency analysis that make sure that different business roles are staffed with dynamic and high-performing talent. Assessing suitability to different roles becomes more meaningful with a grip on evaluating the capacity to deliver.
Crafting KPIs based on hard data
Key Performance Indicators are the benchmarks on which performance is evaluated without objectivity or favouritism. Intelligent testing gleans raw data and transforms them as guiding stones in fixing these yardsticks that will present a most realistic assessment of performance.
- In view of changing dynamics of roles and responsibilities, ascertainment of workforce fitment is not a static but a dynamic concept.
- Fixing dynamic KPIs that can reflect changes in organizational policies, work plans and market trends, are crucial to keep assessing that every the best resources hold the arterial roles in the organization.
- Business analytics help HR managers to identify and fix quantitative performance indicators, split into doable milestones that lend themselves for bias-free appraisal.
Effective On boarding and knowledge transition exercises
With the conventional norms of hire and fire becoming extinct, each business role is to be staffed with resources commanding long-term potential. According to Pathwwway gaming services provider, dynamic recruitment and informative on boarding are possible with BI technology as follows:
- Strategic data mining ensures that qualitative and relevant data is gathered and employee feedback on induction sessions are properly recorded.
- These masses of data are mined and processed further in developing comprehensive modules for on-boarding and placement of new hires.
- Sensitization to the fabric of the workforce culture is the key determinant in ensuring that each business role is communicated to the resource chosen, in a lucid and effective manner. BI helps business managers to track efficiency and effectiveness of resources manning key business roles.
Predicting staffing trends and realistic succession planning
HR analytics are capable of preparing HR managers to keep themselves abreast of changing market and industry environments. To ensure that relevant and best-fitting talent sits behind the wheels of key business roles, BI gears the management to:
- Design and implement value-added training and development programs in tune with future requirements of the roles.
- Set deliverables high on the training calendar so that every employee is bound to subscribe for adequate skill-building and personality development programs as per the future mission and vision of the organization.
- Focus with clarity on that rung of talent which is always willing to go through the learning curve, with a passion to embrace futuristic needs as revealed by past and current trends.
The scope of HR analytics
BI tools assist in the creation of a powerful and dynamic workforce that is capable of delivering to the future of the organization. They help in:
- Creative collaboration in tying right people to right jobs
- Getting the Knowledge-Skill-Attitude blend right
- Scaling potential of HR architecture
- Designing futuristic C & B (Compensation and Benefits)Policy
Intelligent testing assess a resource on certain tight and fair parameters. Pin-pointed and close-ended results are further processed so that all present and future openings are filled with apt and high-performing talent. Only suitable resources are chosen for the right roles, based on data-driven and evidence-based decisions, thanks to multi-pronged and future-oriented strategies from business analytics.