It’s what teaser ads and sneak peeks of movie trailers do to actual launches. The power of product testing lies in the analytics it can generate to the concerned decision makers who are at threshold of rolling out new additions to their product line. Pathwwway Igaming shows that testing is both a qualitative and quantitative service that is focussed on generating unbiased results.
Testing a product before mass production
Most consumer goods are subjected to mass production and entail huge production expenses as well as require huge capital outlay in terms of machinery and infrastructure.
- Testing the product is a means of re-affirming product processes and the chance to analyze shortfall is any.
- It helps ascertain if the product specifications that have been designed, stay up to their claims and whether the output conforms to all stipulated specifications.
Identifying a realistic and representative sample
The sample audience that validates your product must be an objective and unbiased one and must be capable of delivering critical feedback.
- Real environment testing places your product in the hands of typical users and is always considered better to simulated models that cannot guarantee results.
- In case of frequent product or service launches or additions to existing product line, it is better to resort to a panel of consumers and also incorporate technological methods to gather, monitor and analyze the feedback.
Thought and concept validation of new products and services
Whenever new products and services are launched, the promoters need to satisfy themselves as to correctness of concepts. Testing them out using a pilot launch will enable gather deep insights on how well the concept is received in target markets.
- Concept notes drafted on paper may take a different turn when they shape up in actuality. Testing ensures that product differentiators operate efficiently.
- Some firms resort to blind testing of products where only the product is tested sans any frills in the form of packaging and advertising that may distract testers from the main purpose.
Subjecting products to real environment testing
Real environment testing is a barometer to gauge how well your new product is going to fare in actual market conditions.
- Real environment testing has gained much popularity these days, when compared to controlled testing where it is possible to control outcomes.
- While positive results and feedback are always preferred, any product that fails real environment testing miserably can be called off and scraped in the prototype stage itself, minimizing production and marketing losses.
- Modern trends in testing include sensory and neurological components where how buyers react are analyzed using the human sciences approach.
Ascertaining compliance of products to industry standards
One best example of this perspective of product testing is in case of the food industry, where the FDA has laid down stringent rules and regulations to be met with, by various food products. It is absolutely essential that the new products are tested for:
- Compliance to various quality standards, packaging as well as disclosure as to quality, correctness and genuineness of ingredients used.
- Getting feedback with regards to the production process, claimed shelf-life of the product and the utility as well as health value derived from the new products by the customers, will provide deep insights to the organization, while going in for mass production.
Record critical usage from first-time users
Testing a product live, for its first-time usage is crucial, since the panel of customers will test the product from many perspectives such as:
- Matching the product to their expectations. If the product is from a known brand, customers will try to benchmark the product against their previous purchases from the same brand.
- How well the product lends itself to easy usage will a point of analysis. It is also a checkpoint for lack of clarity in usage instructions. Feedback from testing can be a starting point to disambiguate product specifications and usage instructions.
Where does your new product stand in terms of competition
Testing can enable you take cognisance of the intensity of competition and to check whether your product USP is strong enough to fend off the same.
- Testing records responses from customers to those features that you have introduced in your product that your competitors do not offer.
- How well your product complements the deficiency of competitor product only comes to light when you test your products.
Means to ascertain if products keep up with fashion and lifestyle trends
The wave of consumerism has enlightened and empowered the average consumer, that each new product or service rolled out into the market cannot gain market stake, unless it is synonymous to lifestyle values and trends.
- Customers do not buy only products in exchange for money. To survive thick competition, every new entrant strives its best to make the purchase experience memorable for customers.
- Testing is the only way to analyse and take cognizance of how your product meets the lifestyle demands of customers. Unless customers perceive retentive value in the purchases made, their loyalty becomes questionable.
- Testing can correlate customers demands to the production and marketing budgets, enjoining the organization to cater, as much as possible, to the social needs and preferences of customers. This way testing becomes a tool of knowledge in the hands of an enterprise, tweaking newly planned products and services in tune with market potential. It is a means to determine market readiness and buyer acceptance of the product.
Product testing is a renowned branch of product research using which new products can make a confident entry, even inside a most competitive market scenario. This is the reason why Pathwwway Igaming thinks highly priced products like automobiles and electronics are subjected to testing in dedicated product clinics where demanding buyers are allowed to examine and evaluate products. This ensures that when new products or services are launched by a company, it helps them to get the best possible results.