One of the powerful crowd pulling tactics to your online business is webpage optimisation. These are value-added marketing techniques that educate and empower visitors to your website, by using productive techniques instead of coercive ones. They improve search engine rankings and have a positive impact on lead generation and creation.
Page optimisation and its multifarious benefits for online entrepreneurs
In simple terms, webpage optimisation is the sum total of all those attempts made by businesses to ensure that their brand tops or makes it within the first few results in search pages, as prospective leads comb the internet for information on search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo. Optimisation, whether provided in-house or by an external company such as Pathwwway, can change the volume and density of traffic to your website by:
- Strategic use of SEO techniques that can make the most of relationships between SEO professionals and advertisers.
- Exerting a positive influence on the determinants of your website ranking including website code, structure, quality of links and social shares.
- Enhancing the performance of both content and HTML source codes as well as working on links and other external factors outside the website.
Towards an optimized landing page
There may be plenty of visitors to your website, but the probability of each such visitor becoming a lead can happen only when your landing page commands a comfortable CRO (conversion rate optimisation). The ways in which landing page optimisation can help change the conventional norms of lead conversion are as follows:
- The landing page, having been decided after careful forethought on what intrigues the curious explorer, will be a reflection of what the customer wants from your business.
- By flashing attention only on clear, concise and impulsive content, you walk the visitors through a streamlined channel and ensure that the landing page keeps him engaged till exit.
- Landing page segmentation is a latest technique that customizes the landing page for all visitors based on various factors like geo-targeting, market segmentation and so on.
The importance of a great title page
Page titles are vital reflectors of your entire content for the page and it is absolutely essential that title pages get their due priority during the website design and building phase.
- Onlookers are not interested in spending hours on your web site pages. Unless they find what they are looking for, in a prominent fashion, they are going to simply abandon your website on the go.
- Each page in your website must be titled in simple, jargon-free and indicative content that will provide a sneak-peek of content in fine print. It is important that all relevant posts are titled well with catchy and crisp words.
Meta descriptions and tags can drive traffic to your web-page
The logic flows from the aforesaid point is that unless navigated properly through organic planting of meta descriptions and meta tags, search engines may be able to track and present your web pages effectively.
- Meta descriptions are those discerning snippets that will induce the search engines to pick up your website’s link in the search pages.
- Making meta descriptions meaningful and concise, in such way that they will prompt visitors to click on your website’s link, can improve the volume of traffic.
- Both meta tags and meta descriptions, when optimized can lead to increased number of clicks from users as well as improved search engine visibility. Pertinent meta elements like keywords, page description and author will make web pages easily prominent.
Build targeted and high-performing keywords
Keywords are the key to success in SEO related marketing activities. There are various parameters by which they are evaluated, including keyword appeal, uniqueness, density and clarity. Leads and prospective customers will search the web by using keywords. In order to ensure that your business figures among the top pages, keywords must be:
- Employ keyword research and identify the trend of close competitors.
- Place specific not generic keywords and ensure that keywords are not ambiguous which can only cause frustration to customers as they search web pages.
- Quality of key phrases are very important which must be organic and holistic.
By using highly effective keywords, businesses find their online content live and performing. Tools like Google Keyword Planner can help businesses develop catchy keywords.
The game changing power of using influential images
In addition to content, quality of images used will make web pages rank high when searched on the internet. Images used are a part of branding and will reflect the quality of the offerings of the business. Ethical Link building can be achieved through placing prominent images, so that every time a person clicks on images, organic links will be built.
Off-page optimisation in the efforts taken outside the website of a business to achieve the same results as in the case of on-page optimisation. They include various off-website techniques that can boost search page rankings.
- Loading your website with highly informative, info graphic and reader-friendly blogs can improve search engine crawl-frequency of your website. It is important to keep your blog entries updated, ensure that content is original and viral. To rope in influential guest bloggers is another great idea. There must be provision for people to provide comments and converse with fellow visitors, thereby creating an online community of followers.
- Smart blog marketing techniques advocate publishing of links from other related blogs and linking them back to your website.
- The advantages of social networking are limitless and having people follow you on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, to mention a few, can work wonders for your online presence.
- There are a number of article directory sites like Now Public, Go Articles, Ezine etc., wherein you can submit your articles and appeal to interactive readership.
Ranking high on SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages) is accomplished by using a host of other techniques like image and video sharing, writing reviews of other businesses and link baiting. They are commonly used by online businesses to optimize their online presence.